Hickman County Virtual Academy
Hickman County Virtual Academy will provide a high quality, rigorous, virtually-based instruction for core academic classes based on the Tennessee State Academic Standards. The local curriculum guides of the Hickman County Board of Education education will be used to provide the skills and knowledge to empower students to be college and career ready. Every student will be prepared for success in education, work and life as part of the Hickman County School System.
- Must be a resident of Hickman County.
- Complete an application.
- Interview with the program director and acceptance committee to determine acceptance and eligibility.
- If accepted, sign the expectations of attendance, participation, academic expectations, and behavioral expectations.
- Schedule an appointment to create a learning plan that includes the creation of a course schedule and a plan for long-range student success (middle school plan or a 6-year plan for high school students).
- Must be a resident of Hickman County
- Follow the calendar of the Hickman County School system
- Participate in state assessments such as TCAP/EOC, ACT, Civics, etc.
- Required to attend the learning lab daily for the first one – two weeks
- Communicate with teachers via Google meet at a minimum of once weekly in grades 6-12
- Daily instruction from a teacher during the regular school day in grades K-5
- Highly qualified and licensed by the state of Tennessee.
- Communicate with students via Google Meet weekly in grades 6-12
- Available for student assistance through email
- Communicate with parents/ guardians at a minimum of one time per month
- Need access to reliable internet and a printer.
- Provided with progress reports every 4 ½ weeks & report cards every 9 weeks.
- Must attend scheduling meeting with program director in grades 6-12
- Must attend family orientation (all grades)
Learning labs will be available to provide support to students as needed. Students will be required to attend the learning lab daily for the first one – two weeks.
- Students will be required to attend the learning lab if they are not adhering to the academy’s pacing guide, demonstrating skill level expectations, or attendance policy. Transportation is not provided by the academy.